Thursday, November 6, 2008

President Elect

Well on Tuesday, the 4Th, new history for America was made. As you should know by now, Obama was the first African-American, or Black person to ever be elected to one of the highest seats in the world, President of the US. I think it's pretty cool to be able to tell my kids, and grandkids that I watched him be elected.
But, not to sound racist, but was he elected because of what he stands for, or was it simply because he is a minority? He had one of the biggest minorities turn out votes ever. Like I said, I'm not racist, so don’t think it; but it seemed like that was one of the main reasons for people to vote for him, when they were asked on TV.
At any-rate, it's still pretty cool that it happened; let’s just hope he knows what he's doing, and does what he says he's going to do.

1 comment:

calondra said...

As a black person in America I was asked this question: "Did you vote for Obama because he was black?" Despite the fact that I am a 22 -year-old college student who voted for John Kerry in the last election and am a registered democrat...someone still had to ask that question. There have been a few black candidates from small parties actually on the ballot...but did they get the "black vote" or the "Minority vote"? I'm not ignorant. I know just as well as the next person that there were some voters voting for him solely because he is black. I also know that there were a lot of voters that voted against him because he is black. Why not ask about that? Could it be that he actually inspired people to get out to vote? Put hope into the lives of minorities as well as everyone else? As the winner of this election he definetly did something right!!!