Tuesday, September 16, 2008

CELLPHONES VS. LANDLINES

For years now the people running for president have called people on there home phone. Today only 22.3% of younger people have land line phones. Even I have a land line but i never use it, I'll always wait until after 9 to call or I just text.

So is the delima of so many cellphones going to hurt this presidential election? I highly doubt it; it might be harder for them to call us and tell us what there plans are. However, most senors still have landlines, but are they trying to get senors out to vote, for the most part, they'll either vote or not, and there wont be much changing their minds. This election is dependent on the younger generation, (or so it seems).

So the younger generation, (us) don't really have home phones, we really don't watch a lot of the news, and we really don't have time to read the newspaper, (we have too much reading to do for college anyway). But the one thing our generation has, that although they my know of it, senors don't really use it, and most the time, neither do our parents, we have myspace, facebook, hi5, and countless others. There hasn't been a day that I've signed into myspace without seeing an add for either McCain, or Obama.

I don't see cellphones having an effect on the election, at least not for the worse. Cellphones might help one of the parties, for instance, Obama has an add on TV telling viewers to text "HOPE" to 62262, and if you do this you will receive information on his campaign. If one person does this, they send that information to there friend, and so forth.

So if you ask me, I don't think cellphones will effect this election for the worse.

No comments: