Saturday, September 20, 2008

WHAT WAS IT LIKE?

Back in the day, no one had a computer, the Internet, cell phones and a lot of people didn't even have a TV. It's weird to think how our parents got by with out it, now-a-days you couldn't find a house that doesn't have all that stuff.

Today people always complain that their, "computer is too slow," and I one of those people; our computer at home is dial-up, and it takes a day and a half just to check my e-mail. But when you sit back and think about it, at least I have a computer and the Internet. I don't have to write my English papers on a typewriter, one mistake and you have to start that whole paper over.

I often wonder what our parents thought the future would be like, was it the same way we think today? What more do we need, as far as technology? I mean, how else could we get more advanced? I'm not saying that we're not going to get more advanced, but if you don't have it, what are you missing out on? Not many people go to the library to find a book to do research for an English paper today; I never do anyway. But our parents did, they didn't have a computer to do it on, they weren't even around, so what were they missing out on? Really, nothing.

So if you sit back and think about it, what are our kids going to have that we never even thought about? We have the Internet, we're doing good, you can find anything you want on anything, and you can find it in less than five minutes...so what is the future of technology going to be like? How much less will people be interacting with other people, and how much more will people be interacting with computers?

My question to you is, what was it like, and what is it going to be like? Will it continue to change drastically as it has in the past 50 years? It's hard to say.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree with you when you say it is hard to say... sometimes the biggest things that change the world is as small as a toilet or sliced bread.. But one thing for sure life for the consumer is only going to get hard. This is because more and more product are going to be released that make living better.

Anonymous said...

I definitely agree with you. You never know what will come next to make our lives easier. It honestly makes me think the soon, maybe life will be to easy and it will be like the movie Wall-E where everyone is trapped on a space cruise ship and all they do is just sit all day. HA

Jackie O said...

I really don't think it will come to the fact of people not interacting with other people. Audience like the interaction of another human being, because if they don't have that then there is no reason to wake up and get out of the house.